Abbey Fields Community Centre in Back Lane, Winchcombe is situated in the renovated buildings of the old Junior School which date back to 1911.
Planned and developed by Winchcombe Town Council with grants from Tewkesbury Borough Council and other sources, the centre opened in 2005. The centre is registered as a charity and is entirely non-profit making with all profits being ploughed back into maintenance and improvement.
The centre is managed by a Board of Trustees – three Town Councillors and five residents of Winchcombe.
The Community Centre plays an important role in bringing the community together, providing facilities for neighbourhood activities and as a meeting place for many local groups. Many user groups provide activities at the centre, from film shows to art classes, keep-fit to choir singing and of course the Winchcombe Concert Brass Band.
The facilities that are offered are versatile. They include:
• a small meeting room
• the Cleeve Annexe, with its own cloakroom and easy access from the car park
• the larger Langley and Sudeley Rooms, which can be used as two separate rooms or together to form one much larger room
• separate toilet facilities for all, plus a disabled toilet
• a fully equipped kitchen plus tables and chairs to seat 150 people